2.06.2005

February 6, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush,

After a weekend spent finally starting to get our home ready for the baby that's coming in just over ten weeks, it feels weird to think about going back to work. We've begun to clear a place in our home for the child that's been occupying so much space in our minds, and now all I want to do is keep going, to get it done so that we can properly welcome this amazing new person that will be coming into our lives.

Someone asked me the other day if I was "ready" for the baby to come. And while there are massive amounts of things that I don't feel ready about--things that, as you're well aware, keep me up at night sick with worry sometimes--one thing that I am absolutely certain I am ready for is for the baby to come, to be here in my arms reaching up with his tiny hands and grabbing my glasses. I truly am ready for that. I don't know if it's ever possible to be ready for the other stuff without being ready simply for the baby to come first.

T-minus ten,

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home